• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you were a vision in the morning when the light came through
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

Something about her had always stayed somewhat childish, and whenever in the presence of actual children, it seemed to only bring that side of her to the surface. She has always adored meeting her half-siblings (although she didn’t really refer to them as that – they were all just brothers and sisters to her). Even before he confirmed it, Chryseis was amused by the younger boy’s facial expressions. She knew she could be a bit too boisterous for some, and that she lacked the finesse that most did during conversation. She was not terribly witty or poised, but instead easily excitable and with a tendency to let her thoughts stream too quickly off her tongue. She was just always impressed with herself when she remembered to introduce herself at all, much less in her second sentence.

“Nice to meet you, Aodhan,” comes her own bright reply, the beams of the moon reflecting off the metallic of her blaze. “That’s neat! I don’t think I’m named after anyone.” Perhaps her own mother, since their names were similar, but truthfully she’s never put much thought into it.

Her slender ears flick to catch his words and the sound of his laughter, her eyes still lingering over his bits of gold. When he mentions his father, her heart begins to beat a little quicker, anticipation flooding her veins and causing her muscles to grow taut beneath her skin. Once he says Eurwen’s name her eyes widen with surprise – although she doesn’t know why, since all he had done was confirm what she already thought. “I know your parents,” and here, her voice softens just slightly, and something like pain – mingled with nostalgia – etches just subtly into the lines of her face. “Leilan is my dad, too.” Whatever melancholy had flashed just briefly in her eyes she immediately banashes away, before adding with excitement once more working its way into her tone, “So that means you’re my little brother.” She hesitates, before daring to ask, “How are they? Um...Breckin, and dad, I mean.”

chryseis

@[Aodhan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you were a vision in the morning when the light came through - by Chryseis - 04-20-2019, 04:35 AM