• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  kiss me until I can’t speak

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She has never been very good at fitting inside of borders, makeshift or real. For as long as she could remember she has been a drifter, never bound by love or kingdom loyalties or family; never staying in one place long enough to grow attached. She trusted nothing and no one — her mother had made sure to instill that deeply rooted suspicion and doubt into her, though on accident, she is sure. The jade-eyed, lily-white mare had done little to raise her, treating her as an afterthought, and Starsin had learned at an early age that no one actually wanted to stay. That everyone would leave, eventually.

She learned it was easier if she just left first.

Loess is the closest she has come to finding a home, though it was temporary, she says. She will lose interest soon enough, as she does most things. Her fickle-minded ways were not something she kept a secret, but the kingdom was proving interesting enough, for now, at least. Enough that she has stayed there longer than she ever has anywhere else, but it didn’t completely eradicate the uncomfortable knot that settled deep in her gut.

It is early morning when she reaches the meadow, having awoken before dawn touched the sky. Unable to shake the restlessness from her bones this time, she had come here. The grass was tall, having been flourishing beneath the warmth of the spring sun and the refreshing rains. A sliver of light could be seen on the horizon, though most of the land was still blanketed in a cool, gray veil. The constellations that decorated her sides glowed in the dim light, rippling with the glide of her walk. She has finally grown into all her curves and angles, the lines of her face sharper as she began to shed from youth into a young adult. Still only three years old, but with a body and mind already almost perfected into a weapon. Practice truly did make perfect, she was learning.

She watches them, all of them in the distance, with her cobalt-blue eyes and something almost like a smile settled on her steel gray lips. Silent and patient, waiting to see what today will bring her.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

Messages In This Thread
    kiss me until I can’t speak - by Starsin - 03-21-2019, 01:18 AM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by alita - 03-31-2019, 01:36 PM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by Starsin - 04-02-2019, 11:50 PM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by alita - 04-17-2019, 01:05 AM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by Starsin - 04-24-2019, 01:38 AM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by alita - 05-04-2019, 01:03 AM