• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  kiss me until I can’t speak
    and I can't get to sleep with that wolf outside my door

Alita has no idea of the gifts that she possesses.

She does not know that dragon fire rests in her lungs, that one day she could breathe out forest fires and wreck devastation. She does not know that these leathery wings at her side will grow large and wide and carry her further and faster than she could ever imagine. She does not know of the potential for war that just now begins to blossom in her; this infinite capability for devastation and bloodshed.

All she knows is that she is alone and this grey woman is beginning to feel like family.

“I have never feared,” she says simply, proudly. She has never needed to be prey—even with the only seeds of the gifts to come. She has never known what it is like to look into death and not see her own reflection staring back at her. Just as she now knows that she is staring into her mother’s eyes.

So she accepts the brush of lips against her forehead, leans into it slightly as she claims this woman as her own. “I would like that,” she says with a sharp smile, her lips spreading as she tips her chin back to look up at the woman standing over her. But the simply joy flickers and then fades into confusion at the next.

Alita tilts her head slightly to the side, considering.

“My father?”

She’s never given much thought to who her father could be. Never considered the stories that may be behind him, or his name, or what about him makes him her. Would they look the same? Does he have these wings or these sharp teeth? “That doesn’t matter to me,” she says with a shrug, brightening again as she studies Starsin. “As long as you’re there, I would like to go.”

Alita

@[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    kiss me until I can’t speak - by Starsin - 03-21-2019, 01:18 AM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by alita - 03-31-2019, 01:36 PM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by Starsin - 04-02-2019, 11:50 PM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by alita - 04-17-2019, 01:05 AM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by Starsin - 04-24-2019, 01:38 AM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by alita - 05-04-2019, 01:03 AM