• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Noteworthy {Amet/Kensa/Dawn}

Both Dawn and Clayton greet him kindly. Truthfully, the Primarch of Hyaline had been curious to see how the pair would receive him after his disagreement during their meeting in Silver Cove, though as long as it was understood that they all had the best for the Eastern quadrant at the forefront of their minds, there should be no further trouble.

Amet's smile widens as Dawn remarks at her return to Hyaline ─ it's still so surreal to consider all of the lives that have come and gone in the sanctuary territory since his departure and return. Nearly a year back at the helm now, he's still surprised everyday to hear about the countless equine who have grown to love the crystalline lake and all it stands for, just as he had fallen for it all those years ago.

The trio begins their descent further into his home, their walking pace quite swift with their excitement to see Kensa. Amet cannot blame the pair; she is an easy soul to grow comfortable with, an amiable face with a large heart attached. He has grown appreciative of her presence and her strengths in this past year. She has led nobly despite the turmoil, and it's unsurprising that it is easy for her to maintain long-term friendships.

Amet's molten amber eyes turn to Dawn's as she breaches the silence
    in their walk, her curiosity turning to the transfer of power in Hyaline. He answers her truthfully ─ if this should be the Queen of the East in a years time, she deserves to know able the subkingdoms and their affairs. "Hyaline fairs well, as always. It's quieter than I would like it, but it's to be expected at a time like this." He thinks of the plague, of all those it has affected. In time, their numbers will grow again. Patience is key when the antagonist is mother nature. "The changing of the crown was quite peaceful, yes. I'm thankful that Kensa was so receptive to the idea. I suppose it helps that I was the one to found Hyaline as a two-year-old, and maintained it for five years after." He falls silent for a moment then, memories of Nayl and Brennen, Iset and Sakir, awash in his mind.

"I've yet to meet Litotes," he treads lightly here, "though I would like to, should I have the chance." It's now that they break into the lake's clearing, Kensa's gold and palomino frame gleaming at the shoreline as her new youngling splashes in the shallows. He grins at the scene, at the perpetual fond exasperation that paints itself across the woman's countenance each time she regards her new son.

The dragonhide stallion remains quiet as the trio of friends reunite; he watches them kindly before his gaze shifts to the newborn colt and his gangly legs. It reminds him of Takhar and for a brief moment, a pang of melancholy rings in his heart before Clayton's inquiry draws his thoughts back to their meeting. "Ah, well, I suspect that it will be livelier here soon enough, what with the newborns and with Kensa's determination to visit the Field nearly everyday." He grins at his Primarch counterpart, the appreciation in his gruff voice blatant.

─ don't get cut on my edges
    @[Kensa] @[Clayton] @[Dawn] ♥

Messages In This Thread
    Noteworthy {Amet/Kensa/Dawn} - by Clayton - 03-23-2019, 09:05 AM
    RE: Noteworthy {Amet/Kensa/Dawn} - by Amet - 03-23-2019, 08:48 PM
    RE: Noteworthy {Amet/Kensa/Dawn} - by Dawn - 03-24-2019, 07:30 PM
    RE: Noteworthy {Amet/Kensa/Dawn} - by Kensa - 03-25-2019, 08:34 PM
    RE: Noteworthy {Amet/Kensa/Dawn} - by Clayton - 03-25-2019, 09:54 PM
    RE: Noteworthy {Amet/Kensa/Dawn} - by Amet - 03-30-2019, 09:34 AM