• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  One day it's here and then it's gone; Magnus
    titus
    one day it's here and then it's gone,
    how are you still holding on?
    Perhaps Titus would have been bound to a kingdom if the beginning of his life had turned out differently. The firm foundation, the ancient history of family and loyalty, that is instilled into Nerine did not blossom into him. Nerine was simply a place. But it is a place he longs for within his life sometimes. A place where loyalty is valued, and the importance of family is remembered. Titus longs for a place where he won’t be forgotten, where he can grow, and where he will always have a place to call his own.

Nerine was not that.

And so far, Loess was beginning to be the same.

It was only his dear friend, Graeme, that has stayed consistent within his life. But how long would that last? He isn’t sure. Everything he knows he is beginning to doubt. Even the good things he has held onto when he needs to remember there is still hope.

But hope was a fading light for him.

“I suppose it does,” Titus replies. However, he isn’t certain how one could manage keeping track of an entire land and knowing it would be safe from harm. The muddy stallion has only known to be protective and to fight. He only knows that strength and the threat of battle gets what you want—at least being part of the mercenary kingdom taught him that. Wolfbane’s ruling had entirely shifted after that for some time. Perhaps it was the plague that had changed it all for the drake stallion. Castile was entirely different. He was brutal to the point that he would take what was most valued. Healers were one thing to recruit but imprisoning them from their own family and friends had not settled well with him.

Magnus seems much at home with it all though. He watches as the buckskin stallion relaxes and finds comfort at the side of him. Him, a stranger that just waltz right into his own land. But Magnus knew something. He knew more about the world and how things worked. Titus might know the name of the leader of Tephra, but the man who leads it all he didn’t really know quite well. It interested his curiosity even more.

He grins at Magnus when he laughs. “I’m one to let my own worries take the best of me,” he adds. Living simply, worry-free seemed entirely impossible. There didn’t seem a day where he could be worry-free for long, or he has forgotten what it is like.

Titus shifts his gaze away from Magnus at his next question. There is no pressure in his question, only an honest interest. He was a stranger in the man’s kingdom. It was obvious he would be asked what brought him here. But he doesn’t really know why he has come here in the first place. There was a lot of things he might not be able to answer. He only knows he is looking for something.

“I’m looking for something,” he finally says after a few moments of silence. His nutmeg gaze remains away from Magnus. It remains onto the volcanic mountain in the distance. The only thing that pulled him forward, hoping to find the answers to what he was looking for. He snorts softly with a hint of irritation. “I’m not sure what I am trying to find though. I feel lost and uncertain of where I am supposed to go now in my life.” Titus didn’t feel weird for spilling out his internal turmoil. Something within his heart told him it was safe to trust Magnus.
    son of rome and porcia
    male, classic champagne appaloosa
    ocelot-shifting, wings, immortality
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[magnus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: One day it's here and then it's gone; Magnus - by Titus - 05-04-2019, 02:32 PM