• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  One day it's here and then it's gone; Magnus

Magnus can only be quiet as the stallion works through whatever turmoil wrestles in the other’s chest. He can only be quiet, listening with an ear cocked toward the other. It has been so long since he had known this kind of unsettling, being set adrift, and he can only be a calming presence for him. He does not know the other well enough to be a stabilizing force, but he can at least serve as a rock during the storm.

“I have been ruled by my worries more than I care to admit,” Magnus says with a soft laugh, the sound a blustering in the back of his throat. “I have fought because of them, abandoned my kingdom because of them, been lost because of them.” He glances upward, finding Titus’ gaze and holds it for a minute, studying the other’s nutmeg eyes as if it looking for an answer. “I decided to not be ruled by them.”

Another laugh as he rolls his shoulders.

“Of course, a decision does not make reality. I have to make the decision every day. I have to fight them every day, and I do not always win.” Goodness knows that you could look into his past and find it riddled with mistakes made from rash decisions. Those made with a hot head and an anxious heart. How often he has overreacted; how often he has altered the course of his path with just one moment.

Still, he does not appear weighed down it now. Centuries of life provide a certain perspective, and he can only hope that share it with this other. “I know men like you. If you look for something, you will find it.” He looks away again, giving the other the space that comes with the breaking of eye contact. The day is quiet, and the breeze from the sea comfortable. “Perhaps the beauty is in not knowing though. Perhaps the beauty is in making your life as you go and giving yourself the freedom to be the author in your story.”

A crooked smile as one corner of his scarred lips rise.

MAGNUS | I don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name

@[Titus]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: One day it's here and then it's gone; Magnus - by magnus - 05-05-2019, 10:41 PM