• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  bury me at makeout creek
    peregrine jude
    i glow pink in the night in my room

The grass absolutely bends to her will as she sways to the music in her head. Though there is not discomfort in her twists and turns, there is a finding of a new way. Jude is a shiny new woman: once pallid fur now gleaming beneath the sun, once hanging head now proudly held high. She feels like herself while simultaneously feeling like someone entirely else.

Her heart sings.

As if the universe knows exactly what she need, Magnus twines himself into her movements. The pegasus laughs, a high melodious sound, as she watches her old friend buck and kick to her rhythm. They dance until the heat drips off of their backs, their only acknowledgement the delighted grins upon their faces. Tephra’s summer sings to them, crooning lyrics matched to the sweet emotion of the moment.

Jude comes to a slow halt, chest heaving with the weight of her exercise. The youthful grin she threw at Magnus years before is pasted gleefully across her face once again. She rushes him suddenly, tugging him into an embrace only old friends would know. The smile she presses into his neck is both brilliant and somber: memories of old and memories to come swirling in her mind.

“Magnus,” she says through that same sad smile, pulling back from their hug to look him in the eyes. “It’s so good to see you again. Somehow you look even more like a Tephran than the day we met!” She pauses, searches his eyes for some hint that he has spoken to their child, but stops with veiled shame. Her tail slaps against her hocks in an attempt to rid herself of the restless energy the emotion fills her with.

“Magnus,” she murmurs again, the question on the tip of her tongue, “what’ve you been up to? Any juicy Beqanna gossip?” She shies at the last minute and settles instead into hesitant curiosity.

i've been blossoming alone over you

@[magnus]

Messages In This Thread
    bury me at makeout creek - by peregrine jude - 04-01-2019, 05:23 PM
    RE: bury me at makeout creek - by magnus - 04-14-2019, 06:02 PM
    RE: bury me at makeout creek - by peregrine jude - 04-21-2019, 06:35 PM
    RE: bury me at makeout creek - by magnus - 04-30-2019, 01:24 AM
    RE: bury me at makeout creek - by peregrine jude - 05-11-2019, 10:10 PM