• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece, aldric
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

She has never felt like she has belonged. Everywhere she has lived, no matter how beautiful, the ache in her chest never really seemed to fade away. She hadn’t thought much of it, having been raised by a mother that seemed to bleed wanderlust instead of blood, but even she had found someone that seemed to quiet the unrest in her soul. Chryseis thought she had done the same; Rhaegor had a way of not really taming her, but instead stoking the fire that lived inside of her. He was the only thing she had found that really felt like home.

It had been tempting to leave Tephra, the way she had done with Hyaline and Nerine, but she realized that she couldn’t keep running every time something went wrong. 

Still, standing alone beneath the silver beams of the moon, with the melody of water spilling over rocks, it was the first time she felt like her mind has truly settled. Her mind is empty of all thoughts, as she simply watches. The river reminded her of being a little girl and her father teaching her to swim, despite her overprotective mother’s protests; and the time that her and Rhaegor had tried to convince another colt to help them find a kelpie, and of course, the time she actually met one, and there was apart of her that was slightly disappointed that the bite from Ivar hadn’t led to a transformation. 

She is shaken from her nostalgic thoughts at the feel of someone watching her, and when she lifts her dark brown eyes, they settle on the dun stallion on the other side of the river. It is almost instinctive, to smile at him, and she tilts her glittering face in curiosity. “Hi,” She calls to him, and with little caution she steps into the cool water. The current is not as strong in this section, and water rushes around her black legs, flashing silver beneath the light of the moon. “It’s lovely out tonight, isn’t it?” She casts her gaze upwards as she says this, the glimmering stars reflecting on the surface of her eyes, before she looks back to him. “I’m Chryseis,” she says from her place in the middle of river, hoping that her friendly nature might coax him into conversation.

chryseis

@[Aldric]

Messages In This Thread
    you're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece, aldric - by Chryseis - 04-06-2019, 07:14 PM