• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece, aldric
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

She has secluded herself recently, which is not at all like her. Normally, she was social in every sense of the word; vibrant and energetic, and never turning away from a stranger. Certain events over the years have muted her in some ways, and dulled the spark that she used to find in most things. Tonight was the first time in weeks that she had let her gaze lock with someone else; the first time that some of the old Chryseis had begun to shine through the cracks of the self-made cage she seemed to be trapped in.

There is a pleasant look of surprise that alights across her face when he steps into the current with her, and it is once he has met her half way that she can see the green of his eyes that the beams of the moon illuminate. “Aldric,” she echoes his name, and closes the gap that was between them in order to boldly brush her gold-dipped nose against his. She has never had a proper concept of personal space, or grasped that not everyone was fond of being touched by someone they had just met. But it has never led to a negative reaction from anyone, and there is no apprehension when she does it now.

She steps back when he asks where she is headed, and even she is surprised by the laugh that rings from her chest – a vivacious sound that somehow harmonizes with the trickling water they stand in. “I think I might be running away again,” She says with remnants of her laugh still lacing her words, and with a toss of her head she suddenly spins, and it is the clatter of hooves over rock and a matter of strides before she is on dry ground again. The way that she whirls around to face him causes her raven-black mane to fly and toss her forelock askew over her shining eyes, but she still asks him exuberantly, “Want to come with me?” The mischievous smile that twists across her lips made it impossible to tell if she was kidding or not, but at this point, she would do anything to not feel the lackluster way she has been.

chryseis

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece, aldric - by Chryseis - 04-11-2019, 02:15 AM