• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece, aldric
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

For one so young, she has already ran away more times than she should have. Sometimes she wondered what would have happened if she would have chosen to stay in Hyaline, instead of escaping to Nerine after the confusing and mildly humiliating beach party (which now seemed like a hundred years ago). She missed the land where she had been born, which was funny, since she had grown up begging her mother to let her leave. But the mountains of Hyaline had stamped themselves into her heart, and nothing had ever really compared. Tephra was growing on her, however; more than Nerine had, even though she had appreciated the stark coastline and the harsh, unforgiving winds and cliffs. She wasn’t sure, though, if it was just Rhaegor that made Tephra feel like home – just like he had made Hyaline.

But, for the first time since he had left (not left her, she reminded herself, over and over), she doesn’t let herself worry over him. Aldric had landed a nip against her back, which in turn had caused her to launch into a rolling canter, her laughter trailing behind her, as do the wild and tangled strands of her mane and tail. They move beneath the blanket of stars and across the dew-laden grasses, following the bends and curves of the river.

She lets him move abreast to her for most of the run, but in the distance stands a lone weeping willow, its long, billowing reeds spilling from every part of the trunk and draping into the river and onto the ground. With a tilt of her head, her eyes lock with his in a silent challenge, and her legs lengthen and quicken their stride in response, the tree firmly in her sights.
    chryseis

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece, aldric - by Chryseis - 04-28-2019, 03:00 PM