• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Peahen among Peacocks
    “Hey!” Jolted from her sluggish melancholy thoughts by a shouted greeting Terne misses a beat and stumbles slightly. Lacking grace her dark legs keep her standing, but her journey is halted. A few paces away stands a young male. His wings are tucked against his body and even from a distance he radiates vitality. Wide brown eyes dart to the ground. 

Who is this stranger and am I really the one he means to speak with?

Terne opens her mouth, now dry, to respond but before she can give the polite greeting to her new companion another approaches. Her mouth snaps shut with a clack of teeth. While the mares share a similar patterning, the similarities end quickly as the newest arrival has a bearing of confidence and command. Seeing her nod to the male it seems as if there is a familiarity. “Who are you?”

I can’t recall a conversation I’ve had with another in a long time and now I am to speak with two.

Mouth still dry, and throat unaccustomed to speech the mare’s voice comes out quietly and with texture. Like leaves grinding into stone then floating away.

I’m… Terne.

One unsure half step shifting her body back. Eyes trace a slow but wary pattern. Mare. Ground. Colt. Mare. Ground. Colt.

@[Pteron] @[Mary]

Messages In This Thread
    Peahen among Peacocks - by TERNE - 04-07-2019, 08:17 PM
    RE: Peahen among Peacocks - by Pteron - 04-07-2019, 08:54 PM
    RE: Peahen among Peacocks - by Mary - 04-07-2019, 09:31 PM
    RE: Peahen among Peacocks - by TERNE - 04-07-2019, 10:23 PM
    RE: Peahen among Peacocks - by Pteron - 04-08-2019, 09:49 PM
    RE: Peahen among Peacocks - by Mary - 04-13-2019, 09:04 AM
    RE: Peahen among Peacocks - by TERNE - 04-21-2019, 10:47 PM
    RE: Peahen among Peacocks - by Pteron - 04-24-2019, 06:50 AM