• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Blinded by your sideways smile and the kindness in your eyes; Castile

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

How often will I have to come fix things with Loess?

First I had almost been stolen away, yet Lady Luck was on my side, instead I stole the mare who’d thought she could steal me. I’d hoped that had been enough of a lesson, and after she told me her idea was to let me go and Hyaline (as it was) would owe her, I returned her with the same condition. Bad for Loess, good for me. As it was, Kagerus had back then, had to return to fix the mess that had been made by the (slightly overdone) message they’d sent to Loess in the meantime.

I did not intend to make the same mistake now, so when a steal was attempted towards Loess and Litotes was whisked away for it, I figured that he would just sit out his time and that was that. My queens went so far as to name another Primarch, which I had found strange but not questioned: I figured that maybe Litotes liked Loess better.

After all, he did not return upon change of leadership, while I was pretty sure Castile would not have kept him if he really disliked it. No new terms for freedom were discussed either… maybe I’ve assumed too much.

The third time would be Oriash - the child, hardly weaned at 6 months old, that was last born from Solace. I simply waited for the result first, figuring we would discuss this when the dust settled.

Things turned out less simple than that. The moment I set foot in Pangea to seek out it’s leader (and to replace this leader if they wouldn’t show, or if I didn’t agree with them), a challenge echoed. Litotes. But our long-lost member, even though he recently returned to see his daughters, was not there on the Cove’s business. Loess had come to steal from the Sanctuary once more, within days of the other steal.

Is it just me or are they out to get me? Is this my fate? To squabble with the neighbours that should have been our friends?

I haven’t wasted any time. I’ve turned around, awaited the challenge that I already knew would never be fought, and returned to speak to Litotes - finally, I think. Ironically, the last time I’d really spoken to him was on a diplomatic mission to this very place, Loess. On a mission for a queen who would later expel him of his leading title. No wonder he wanted to get back on the Cove - but I sincerely hoped he could see that things had changed there, whilst he had been away.

But to have Loess against me once more? To find that my friends - former friends perhaps by the look of it now, which saddens me a great deal more than it angeers me - are working against me... I’ll have a hard time forgiving. Litotes and I might not have ever had the chance to become real friends, but Cas...

I can forgive him a whole lot of things. More than average, even.

But to pull my world from beneath my feet when I’ve just made about three paces forward, is a very big hurdle.

And so, my amber eyes shine perhaps a little too hardy and brightly when I come looking for him this time. But this time there should be no doubt as to why I disapprove of his behaviour.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Castile]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    Blinded by your sideways smile and the kindness in your eyes; Castile - by Ilma - 04-17-2019, 01:10 PM