• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A snowdrop in the darkness....

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

I wonder what she's thinking - then, as she decides, I can see her in the Silver Cove. She might be there just to visit or to stay, but whatever the case, I know she will be with me when I return home today. Her words, coming just a few heartbeats later, imply as much and I nod to her. "No thanks. I'd benefit from your staying as much as you, I believe." I tell her with a warm smile.

As she leaves the water, she seems excited, and it's more than I could have ever hoped for. I hope we can give her the kind of life she seeks, but if not, at least we can help her find that out, help her find her path wherever it leads. It's what we've done with several others before her, I think. Time is never lost if we learn at least something of it.

I return to Niph on the shore, and smile to her offer. "We could always use help. Currently, I think we'd benefit from extra sentries most, but if you'd rather not train in warfare, we could use some diplomats speaking for us in this very Field." I offer. Who knows, she just might bring such warriors home as well. It's much the same thing that I was asked when I first came into Hyaline, I believe - and I can only hope that my time as an Ambassador was what they'd expected of me.

As a ruler, I find that I am the sole responsibility for the Sanctuary, and I'm not sure that I like it; however much my help is currently needed. But I haven't told Niphredil, and I might as well now. "I'm the Queen Caretaker of the Cove, currently, but don't feel obliged to call me by any title. Ilma suits me just fine - especially since I plan for it to be a short, temporary reign. Perhaps I'm just better fit as a regent and advisor." I shrug, then nod to the far east. "Did you want to leave right away?"

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

Sorry I'm late, it's been a busy weekend! You can reply here or just start a new thread in Silver Cove!
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 10:55 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-09-2019, 11:09 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 11:28 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-09-2019, 11:39 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 02:40 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-10-2019, 10:04 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-10-2019, 12:58 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-11-2019, 01:44 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-11-2019, 02:17 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-14-2019, 11:57 AM