• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when it all burns down; aten (changing leadership)
    Plague wracked Lilitha’s body, fever burning through her and draining her of all energy, leaving her exhausted and barely able to stand. She crooned ragged words of comfort to her young daughter, curled into a tight ball at her feet where they hid in the cool darkness of a small cave deep in Taiga’s underbelly. She sighed, brushing her nose against the soft black of Singe’s shoulder, and let herself acknowledge what she’d been fighting since she’d felt the first tickle of sickness in her throat.

She couldn’t lead like this, couldn’t take care of Taiga when she could barely take care of herself and her daughter.

She left Singe sleeping in the cave, brushed a kiss to her shoulder and set out to find Aten, who had made it more than clear that he had her back and wanted the best for Taiga. He’d trusted her leadership, defended their territory, been involved and active, and if she couldn’t be what Taiga needed anymore while the plague raged through her weary body, she trusted he could.

“Aten,” she croaked when she found him, a weak smile on her lips. “Good to see you, friend. I was wondering if you could do me a bit of a favor.” Probably it was pretty obvious she was not feeling so well. She’d lost a bit of weight, her broad, drafty frame wasting slowly to sharp angles and hollows, her black coat and gold eyes both dull. “You’ve proven yourself more than capable of taking care of Taiga, and I’m not feeling so up to the task these days. Singe and I are both sick, and I need to take care of her, keep her safe, you know? I can’t be Taiga’s guardian in this condition, she needs someone who can defend her. I think that should be you.”

@[Aten]

Messages In This Thread
    when it all burns down; aten (changing leadership) - by Lilitha - 04-15-2019, 03:29 PM