• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I could die for you; sabbath
    you've got to move slowly, take and eat my body like it's holy.
    Sabbath often speaks or acts without thinking of how it might affect others. Still, she can’t hide the way his illusions startle her and yet she feels guilty when she sees the remorse darken his soft face. He offers up an apology even though she feels like she should be the one telling him that she’s sorry. But the tangles of their negative emotions find themselves easing when she bridges the gap and finds her way to his chest. Even if he were to cast his spell over this place now, she would continue to feel safe right here with his pulse murmuring in her ear.

When he speaks, she finds herself blinking her eyes open and she wonders why someone who has hardly begun to know her would worry himself over her this way. She hardly views herself as anything unique or loveable, especially when compared to the other women who inhabit this world. Sabbath is not beautiful like her mother or strong like her sisters. She isn’t a warrior like her father or an illusionist like Aegean. She is only Sabbath, the girl with the scales and sharp teeth. The girl who lost her way and never made it back.

He holds her tighter and she closes her eyes again as her heart swells at his question. Even if he only cares with a fragment of his heart, it stirs the slumbering kindness deep within her. His voice traces its fingers across her skin and she blooms to life at the feeling of it.

Maybe I could stay a little longer,” she mumbles against his skin as she breathes a slow sigh. Maybe she could stay forever right here, pressed tight to him while he holds her close. She tries not to think of the shadow of war looming over Loess and Tephra, over her family and friends. There is only peace and the sound of the wind running through the grasses around them here. She can breathe without a weight on her chest or a storm in her mind.

We can haunt each other for a little while.

@[aegean]

Messages In This Thread
    I could die for you; sabbath - by aegean - 04-19-2019, 10:36 PM
    RE: I could die for you; sabbath - by Sabbath - 04-21-2019, 08:42 PM
    RE: I could die for you; sabbath - by aegean - 05-03-2019, 11:55 PM
    RE: I could die for you; sabbath - by Sabbath - 05-06-2019, 11:00 PM
    RE: I could die for you; sabbath - by aegean - 05-07-2019, 10:09 PM
    RE: I could die for you; sabbath - by Sabbath - 05-13-2019, 01:06 AM
    RE: I could die for you; sabbath - by aegean - 05-26-2019, 02:02 PM