• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'm alright today; any
    He has lived but once; this life, current and staid.

Not true;
    Once, he was a boy in the dark - in the vast nothing, until he was made into something. Not made - pulled, snatched, stolen.

Abysm rarely thinks back to his beginning. Not any more, not now. He snatches at grass between thoughts and idle flicks of his tail, thinking about dreams and how he feasts in better fare in them. Ends up dreaming himself from here to there with a mouthful of green poking out between his lips.

He materializes in the meadow, naturally. It’s his favorite haunt and of course, he arrives looking completely ridiculous. Arrives just in the nick of time to see a pretty little thing come up out of the water. It is apparent she’s had quite the swim, or fright perhaps. He thinks it is possible something in the sea has scared her; monsters and such.

Abysm chews his cud much like a cow, following her with her eyes until he realizes that just as he can see her, she can certainly see him. In fact, she has and decides to make her way over to him. Now, he could dream himself away in the blink of an eye but he doesn’t. He just chews his mouthful of grass a little bit faster.

The champagne-and-foam stallion chokes just a little as she asks her question, looking rather dumbfounded that she has no possible clue as to what she is. Can it be so? It must! He eyes her a bit more critically than is normal, trying to ascertain if she is daft or something else entirely that he’s never encountered before - like an alien. She’s certainly not a ghost or monster, or even a daydream.

But her oddness is appealing as much as her physical presence is, and it keeps the dream-manipulator tethered there a moment longer. “We, are horses.” he states really blandly as if he too, finds it to be rather dull and disappointing.

@[Ausra] ❤️
    i would do anything for love,
    but i won’t do that 

Messages In This Thread
    i'm alright today; any - by Ausra - 04-21-2019, 09:26 PM
    RE: i'm alright today; any - by abysm - 04-21-2019, 09:48 PM
    RE: i'm alright today; any - by Ausra - 04-27-2019, 04:00 PM
    RE: i'm alright today; any - by abysm - 06-23-2019, 09:20 AM
    RE: i'm alright today; any - by Ausra - 06-29-2019, 07:59 PM