• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  What the water gave me [Brennen]

-Adria-

Water drips into her eyes when Adria turns to glance at the black form. A pegasus has come, probably from above, and she makes no indication that she will move away from the winged horse as he approaches. She’s tired, not trespassing… just tired from travel. If he were from Nerine she could explain herself and her current nomadic status. But what if he isn’t? she wonders to herself, blinking the icy rain free from her eyes. What if… ?

She stops those wayward thoughts; Adria pants softly and keeps calm even as the water ceases to fall from the sky, even as he comes to loom above her and she feels her fur pulled gently into a state of dryness. Peering up at him with a gaze that’s both wide and grateful, her lips tilt into a delicate smile and her head, covered by the long curtain of her forelock, nods like the gentle tilt of a wildflower in a soft breeze. Every motion is careful and elegant.

“I am now senyè mwen, thank you.” She speaks, flicking her battered forelegs out from underneath the warmth of her belly so that she could rise. This way, they might speak as equals and she wouldn’t feel like a child due for a scolding. “The way to Ischia is long.” Her soft sigh tells him, “The south would have been a better way to go, I know. I hail from Hyaline you see… and the southern lands they are -” The Nereid pauses, unwilling to admit that she was traveling distantly with a younger seafilly. “- unsteady, you would say.”

It’s true that she comes from the great crystal lake, but her words are heavy with the island accent. Her trip to Ischia is more or less a return to her home, but this stranger didn’t need the entire story. She could see the concern etched into the ruggedly handsome lines of his face and she credited that to his chivalric nature, nothing more. The bay drake would most likely send her on her way. She was prepared for it.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    What the water gave me [Brennen] - by Adria - 04-23-2019, 03:50 PM
    RE: What the water gave me [Brennen] - by Brennen - 04-25-2019, 10:35 PM
    RE: What the water gave me [Brennen] - by Adria - 05-02-2019, 10:46 AM