• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  One Leader to Another (Heartfire)
    Aten appreciated the quiet persona Heartfire adapted so she could listen carefully to what he had to say. He made sure to explain everything as well as he could, not wanting to leave room for any simple questions that could otherwise have been answered by what he already said. She offered her own words about kingdom protection once Aten was done, words that the stallion agreed wholeheartedly with if his speech didn't make that clear enough.

Briefly, he thought he saw something other than seriousness flash across her face before she continues on, saying that, for the time being, what he had to offer as a ruler was enough, with only one stipulation to seal the deal between them before any other future kinks had to be worked out. Aten did not see a fault in accepting her part of the bargain.

Heartfire was kind enough to let Aten absorb what she said before explaining it in further detail, which he took to heart and went over in his mind to figure out how this could work out in the future. Once Heartfire was done, the golden king nodded and spoke again.

"I have never wanted to pull Taiga away from Nerine in any sorts, considering it seems to have been a territory under Nerine for some time. Being such a quiet place before, I can see why some others might have thought otherwise. However, I find no reason to say I disagree with what you are proposing as well.

"For the time being, until I can train or find a horse who I believe can do good sitting upon a council seat here in Nerine, I will take on that responsibility myself. When it comes to information as well, whatever one side receives first, the other will benefit in a manner. One thing Taiga can offer it it's growth is protection as well; should citizens of Nerine be down here to visit or explore, and trouble brews, Taiga will serve as a defense to allow Nerine time to prepare for whatever may be coming. I will do my part to not only lead, and hopefully be a worthy ruler in the eyes of a veteran like you, but also to help guide Taiga to protect our sister kingdoms from danger as the first line of defense."

@[Heartfire]

I know that things are going through a change, but I figure since this was started a while back, we could say that Aten and Heartfire agreed to what has been discussed, and he will later inform Wolfbane and Lepis so they know Nerine is an ally.

Messages In This Thread
    One Leader to Another (Heartfire) - by Aten - 04-25-2019, 06:49 PM
    RE: One Leader to Another (Heartfire) - by Aten - 05-11-2019, 08:19 PM
    RE: One Leader to Another (Heartfire) - by Aten - 06-10-2019, 10:13 PM
    RE: One Leader to Another (Heartfire) - by Aten - 06-21-2019, 01:42 AM