• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  no gentle word could wake me from this slumber; any
    leliana

I could hear the thunder and see the lightning crack
    and all around the world was waking, I never could go back

It is strange to be a thing made new.

She has spent so much of her life helping others blossom, helping others find renewal and healing, but she herself has never focused on her own. She had run herself into the ground. She has worn herself until she was threadbare and sick with it. She had given away all the pieces of her heart—losing the core of it.

So how strange then that she is to be razed to the earth and built again entirely.

She marvels at the new magic in her veins, at the way it pulses with a life of its own. It makes the healing of her past—that strange and wondrous magic that it had been—feel so trivial, so weak. She struggles to comprehend how she had spent so much of her life dedicated to what now feels like dust in the wind.

She isn’t sure how she gets to the River. 

She doesn’t remember traveling, however she did; all she knows is she is standing there before she knows anything else. It is dark, but she doesn’t struggle to see. The details of the landscape are as detailed and fine as if the sun hung high in the sky, but even this does not surprise her. None of it does.

When she had been a girl, her gifts had been wonderful things. She had marveled at them. She had been in awe of them as they had unspooled from her chest and she had been overjoyed when she had finally learned how to harness them—but this? This doesn’t strike any chord in her chest.

It simply is.

There is a fraction of a frown as it crosses her features but it is swept away as she lifts her fine head, peering into the churning water. Once, this had been a place of beauty and sorrow and grief. It had been where she had met him, where she had come to mourn alone, where she had given birth to her daughter.

But these are just facts and figures.

They mean nothing to her.

(They should, they should.)

It is dust in her mouth, nothing compared to the heavens spinning out into the edges of her veins. She breathes deep, tasting the stars on her tongue, and tips her head back, staring out into the abyss.

[ no more dreaming like a girl so in love with the wrong world ]

@[Kyra] - in case you want to post. <3
    [Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    no gentle word could wake me from this slumber; any - by leliana - 05-02-2019, 12:40 AM