• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  no gentle word could wake me from this slumber; any
    I rise from my scars. nothing hurts me now.

There is part of Leliana that beats like wild wings against her chest.

There is part of her that wants nothing more than to throw herself out into the wild wind that is Rae’s domain and live for years. She wants to lose herself into the winds and the seas and then discover who she is in the crossfire. She cannot find the source of it within her anymore. There is something lost, something forever changed. There’s something that has melted and reformed and left her alone—alone.

Looking at Rae now, she can almost feel it. She can barely brush her fingers against the edges of it and taste the normalcy of it. When she was just a girl with a quiet gift of serving others. Before she swallowed galaxies and was lit afire. Even all of the drama and complexity, even all of that was simple.

So simple compared to this.

“Curiosity,” she repeats, mulling it over in that detached voice of hers, letting her eyes wander to the horizon and beyond. The silver begins to bleed from her eyes again, replaced with the molten gold of the volcano of her home, of the fires that burn within her—such a contradiction to a body of plant and vine.

“Your birds are kind creatures then,” she says as she brings her golden gaze back to her companion, but she does not necessarily know if being noteworthy is a kindness anymore. So much remains unknown.

“Where will you go from here?”

She cannot imagine that Rae would remain here forever—not when she was so clearly made for the wind and the sky and the endless pull of adventure just around the corner, just waiting around the bend.

In this, Leliana feels jealousy and want and a wild, persistent longing.

@[Rae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: no gentle word could wake me from this slumber; any - by leliana - 05-31-2019, 10:06 PM