• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  disguise the frailty

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

Pangea was desolate and bare in comparison to the rest of Beqanna. Harsher and even more unforgiving than the terrain in Loess, she finds herself wondering why she was even making this trip. The path was rocky, and the way the wind whistled through the valleys and canyons seemed to be able to chill to her bones. She was irritated by the time she even arrived, with the sharp breeze lifting and spinning her long forelock and tangling through her mane, and again, she was beginning to regret this idea.

She would never admit that she almost missed him. He had been the only constant thing for her in Loess that she actually trusted – besides Ophanim, of course – and now he was gone. How ironic, that they came to know each other on what could have been hostile terms; his attempt to steal her, and then Loess successfully stealing him in retaliation. They should have been enemies, or at the very least, disliked each other. But she had seen potential in him, even from that very first meeting; he was a fitting game piece, and she never had been one to pass up an opportunity.

She isn’t sure when the line between fake and real became so blurred.

When the rain begins to fall, it’s enough to make her swear out loud. It was cold and relentless against her skin, sliding across the glowing stars along her side and plastering her mane against her neck. Her eyes settle on a shelter of rock, and she immediately rushes into a canter, the sound of her hooves clattering on stone the only other thing to be heard amidst the downpour of rain. She nearly collides with the familiar cremello stallion, having been so focused on escaping the rain that she hadn’t been paying close enough attention. He startles her, and the irritation that flashes across her face that accompanies the sudden acceleration of her heart would almost suggest that it was his fault for scaring her even though she had clearly barged into his home. “Don’t ‘what the fuck’ me, why were you hiding?” There is a snap to her voice, which likely loses much of its conviction when paired with her disheveled appearance – her raven mane still tangled and wet, her coat so dark from the rain that it was nearly black, save for the glowing constellations that shone all the brighter.

But her attention tears from his face at the shadow creature that launches towards her, black and intangible but with an illuminated golden stare. She blinks, staring where the creature had dissolved before her, and then looking back at him. “Well, that’s new. How long have you been able to do that?” The adrenaline from being startled had dissipated, and she had smoothed herself back into her usual mild and composed self, as shown by the almost nonchalant smile that she gave him; of course not daring to show that she was actually interested in what he could do – as though she almost is attacked by shadow lions every day.

She gives a roll of her dark blue eyes when he speaks of missing him, along with a short, overly- amused laugh. “You wish. I’m actually here to chop your tail off.” There is a smirk, along with a calculated tilt of her delicate head, reminding him of the way he had made his departure from their meeting with Dawn. She is alongside of him now, steam rolling off her back as her coat begins to dry. The shadows wrap around them, but the vibrancy of her dapples chases the darkness away, and boldly, without even really thinking, her muzzle presses into the arch of his neck, a throaty murmur etched into his skin when she says, “But I know you missed me.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

Messages In This Thread
    disguise the frailty - by litotes - 05-02-2019, 01:31 AM
    RE: disguise the frailty - by Starsin - 05-02-2019, 11:51 PM
    RE: disguise the frailty - by litotes - 05-03-2019, 02:11 AM
    RE: disguise the frailty - by Starsin - 05-03-2019, 09:45 PM