• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  disguise the frailty

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

There had been a tension that vibrated between them since the day they had met. It had started innocently enough, as most of her encounters do. A slinking cat toying with its prey, except in her case, he had been a caged lion — no one could ever accuse her of not being ambitious. It wasn’t often that someone played the game right back to her, but he had. Instead of letting it catch her off guard, she let it fuel her— let it fuel them. True to her nature, she had been unable to resist the promise of entertainment that he always provided; a moth drawn to his alluring flame, even if she hasn’t yet completely figured out why.

“I’m never a little shit, you clearly have me confused with someone else.” She says with a mock scoff and a swift toss of her head,  before letting her eyes look up at the cloak of shadows above. She studies it critically for a moment, and then looks back to the pale stallion — that familiar glint of thoughtful calculation simmering in the depths of her cobalt blue eyes. She was always attracted to other’s powers; things she didn’t have, that she could possibly use, if she could just earn the other’s trust enough. But she blinks, and the look is gone, with only an amused smile left in its wake. “Get back to me when you’re actually good at using it.”

Her only response to his atrocious, and completely unfitting nickname, is to land a chastising nip to his neck, purposely pulling strands of mane with her as she withdraws. “You’re honestly such an asshole sometimes.”

She hadn’t been actively reading his mind; she has gotten fairly good at letting another’s thoughts just be background noise, unless she was searching for something. She had nothing that she was seeking from him right now; nothing beyond whatever internal desire had driven her here. But she is focused on only him when she touches his skin, and with no one else around to distract her that brief thought, that fleeting moment of want in his mind  sounds like an alarm in her own. She becomes incredibly still when his muzzle is on her neck, suddenly hyperaware of the sound of her breathing in the middle of silent shadows that he has pulled closer as his touch travels to her throat.

This was the part where she is suppose to make her move, when she is suppose to take control of the dance and spin it to her liking. For some reason, she doesn’t. Instead, she is quiet and still, with a rushing pulse and nearly trembling skin. The feel of his predatory teeth is what seems to draw her back, and it elicits a soft but sharp gasp and an arch of her slender neck. She can feel his breath against her lips when he whispers, and she moves just the barest of amounts, until they are nearly touching and she murmurs, “I don’t always have to read your mind to know what you’re thinking, Lie.” But she does, and his mind is a tangle of lust and confusion, just like hers. Starsin has always been so good at analyzing every possible outcome of her wicked schemes, but this hadn’t been one of them.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

Messages In This Thread
    disguise the frailty - by litotes - 05-02-2019, 01:31 AM
    RE: disguise the frailty - by Starsin - 05-02-2019, 11:51 PM
    RE: disguise the frailty - by litotes - 05-03-2019, 02:11 AM
    RE: disguise the frailty - by Starsin - 05-03-2019, 09:45 PM