• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The things we take with us [Eva, Isobell, Any]

-Adria-

What she has done for love, Adria cannot regret. Her time on the shores of Nerine had been beautiful under the circumstances and brief, a comfort in this world so devoid of such things. She has and always will be singular, a bit lonesome. Only those of her kind make any lasting mark on the mature Nereid’s life, so it should really come as no surprise that the bay stallion who could bend water like magic would leave her with a dusting of himself.

She finds that she’s pregnant; her belly perceptibly distended in a way that can no longer be mistaken for good health. When she and Eva had arrived on the Ischian shores some time ago, it had been fatigue that plagued her early in the mornings and kept her from resting peacefully through the night, but now that the days have stretched into a couple of weeks her attempts to ignore the development can’t be pushed aside.

Out on the white-sand beaches of Ischia’s shore, Adria drags her pomegranate hooves lightly through the undulating dunes. Small indentations follow in their wake, making distinct lines as she goes. She is completely cinnabar and sand now, bright like the coral under the waves that she and Eva enjoy exploring. Sweet Bote her thoughts wander, conjuring the nickname she has given to the growing seahorse. It fits her wondrously - Eva is certainly a beauty among beauties - but her pregnancy is an issue that must be discussed sooner rather than later.

That, and a few other issues.

Since they’d come back to Adria’s homeland, there’d be no sign of her mother Nyxa or her orca father Hod. No brother Tyr or sister Aquaria (the sibling who was more Nereid than she was.) Only empty, tropical Jungle and the sensation of being watched in the water. Kelpies she knows. Adria is certain there may be one lingering, assessing them while they quietly live out their days in sunlight and laughter.

“Eva?” She hums the word as a double hovering note, where the E pitches high and drops lovingly down to the flat vowel A. If there was ever a question of Adria’s devotion to her semi-adopted companion, it could be answered by listening to the unique way she sang the girl’s name. “Are you nearby?”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Eva] I jumped them ahead for plot purposes, if you want anything changed let me know!
    @[Isobell] in case you wanted to pop in <3

Messages In This Thread
    The things we take with us [Eva, Isobell, Any] - by Adria - 05-02-2019, 10:22 PM