• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The things we take with us [Eva, Isobell, Any]
    breaking like the waves down on the coastline
    breaking like the wine-stained glass that held my drink

Eva laughs happily at the first idea Adria offers. “Taming a parrot?” The idea seems rather fascinating but not completely something that would be easy to do. “I don’t think we would be able to easily. The parrot would just flap its wings and fly away from us!” She laughs softly again, picturing the two of them trying to catch one of the parrots that live within Ischia. If she had wings like a parrot it could be easier to do.

The next suggestion sounds something that could easily be done. Eva wasn’t exactly the master of pronouncing the words Adria told her to try. She sometimes couldn’t quiet grasp a couple of the sounds the letters had made. But all the while Adria was amused by her trying when she could not say the words correctly.

She smiles sweetly at the older nereid and stops her dance, standing near the front of Adria. “Maybe someday I will be able to speak like you. I just need a bit more practice that’s all!” In fact, the seahorse needed a lot more practice if she was going to be near to speaking the same language as her adopted mother.

The sea girl doesn’t fuss over the dry strand of seagrass and rose that the other nereid weaves into her mane. Eva particularly enjoys the warming touch of Adria and the lovely braids she makes within her sunset ombre mane. She holds still as possible while Adria crafts the braids within her tresses. The first time Adria had ever attempted to braid her hair had not gone so well. But could anyone blame her? Eva had never had anyone braid her hair. Let alone touch her mane!

Adria’s teasing tone draws Eva’s attention even more. She meets the vermilion mare’s gaze with wide, curious eyes. “Names?!?” She blurts out quickly as Adria steps back, knowing it was safe for her to move now. Eva quickly angles herself perfectly with Adria, not quite sure what her mother would need names for.

Her small purple ear perks forward when the nereid says she has some news. Adria mentions the familiar words in her language she learned from her. “A brother or sister?!” She says loudly as her jaw drops a little at the idea of being an older sister. Instantly, her orange-gold eyes are filled with exhilaration.

“I would love to have a brother or sister!” Eva blurts out, not really able to contain her excitement at the idea of being the oldest. “Where do we get them? When do we go? Can we leave now?” She continues, asking questions that pop up instantly within her mind.

Eva

character info: here | character reference: here

@[Adria]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The things we take with us [Eva, Isobell, Any] - by Eva - 05-08-2019, 05:06 PM