• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The things we take with us [Eva, Isobell, Any]

-Adria-

They grow together, and as Adria tousel’s the younger mare’s hair she cannot help but feel as if their bond, like the braid she weaves so gently, has only grown closer and stronger through their continued friendship and mutual respect. She remembers their initial meeting and how Eva had been so irate at her. The confusion and anger, stemming from being alone for so long. To see her now, though! Any outsider would assume they’d been raised together.

Her companion’s mention of practicing the Island language rouses a brief, sweet laugh. Determination was certainly one of Eva’s stronger personality traits. If her ability to adapt to walking on land was any indication of her ability to learn new things, Adria didn’t doubt that soon enough the girl would be babbling to her in that language as if she'd been born speaking it. It’s just one of the many things she adores about having Eva in her life.

Watching the young female alongside her, the bright coral Nereid feels a tangible wave of relief wash over her, followed by an unexpected softening in her chest. Admittedly she’d been concerned about breaking the news to her adopted one; she’d only slightly expected Eva to feel worried. But now it’s obvious there would be no need for further consolation on the purple girl’s behalf. Eva should know without Adria having to tell her: she was loved, and nothing could replace that.

Fasil, fasil darling.” Adria laughs. This was cause for celebration and Adria feels the need for a swim, but her body shifts towards the land and its freshwater delights. She takes the lead but always keeps close to Eva. “The baby will come to us.” Her mentor giggles softly, brushing past the first overreaching palms of tropical plants and into the bright, welcoming jungle. Old paths have long been overgrown, but already the two of them seem to be making new ones.

Butterflies hover lazily around them, the sun glints through a thick canopy then off their hides, and Adria realizes that the girl has no notion of how a horse comes to “be”. She’s not surprised; her own mother had given Adria the talk before she left Ischia’s shores long ago, and now that duty has fallen to her with Eva. Oh mother, the seamare laments inwardly, wherever you are, I hope you know how much I appreciate your guidance.

“Some day, Eva, you’ll want company that isn’t me. When that day comes, you might find another horse you like - possibly even renmen - as much as I love you.” Her guide explains, reaching across to plant a light kiss against her follower’s cheek. They wander past mangrove and papaya trees, tails dragging like shining veils behind them. “If you want to, ONLY if you want to,” She emphasizes gently, “then you and this other horse can make a baby of your own together.”

She smiles. “Any questions?”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Eva] god this is so wholesome I could put a bow on it and call hallmark <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The things we take with us [Eva, Isobell, Any] - by Adria - 05-13-2019, 12:11 AM