• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  tell me that it's all okay, any
    She wakes easily when Kensa touches her small back and lifts her head to look up at the woman, wide-eyed and afraid of everything new. Her green and blue eyes stare up at her when she speaks so gently. But this is not the mother who kissed her face and left her in the cold, she knows. Still, she rises slowly and carefully onto her thin legs and bony knees so that she can reach out and touch her nose to the stranger’s chest. Her body is warm and comforting in the chill here so she huddles closer without thinking much of it.

Risk,” she mumbles against her new mother’s soft skin. It’s the only word she knows so far and so she uses it as a simple reply to her commands. The silver brindling along her sides shimmers as her ribs move with each sweet breath until she decides she’s ready to try her legs out. The dark girl carefully shuffles from Kensa’s side and toward the entrance she came from, looking over her shoulder to make sure the woman is still there. Her soft hooves hardly make a sound as she edges closer and closer to the rest of the world outside this sad little den.

Outside, the sun is almost too bright and she squints her eyes as she remains in the shade, waiting patiently for the woman to join her. She doesn’t dare stray out of sight or allow her new mother to wander from her. Her little legs move timidly in place and she takes a deep breath as she edges ever closer to that brave new world beyond the room she was born in.
    may my enemies live long
    Risk
    so they can see me prosper.
    @[Kensa] I kept it short so we can fast forward to after the war if you wanted to lol.

Messages In This Thread
    tell me that it's all okay, any - by Virgo - 05-08-2019, 11:02 PM
    RE: tell me that it's all okay, any - by Kensa - 05-10-2019, 11:34 PM
    RE: tell me that it's all okay, any - by Risk - 05-23-2019, 02:49 PM