• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    only love could kill me; noah

that's all there is

It’s almost strange, to hear her name on another’s lips. She can easily count how many people even know her name – Wolfbane and Lepis, Sinner and Mary, Kora and Leander, Castile. Maybe a few more individuals she’s met in passing The vast majority of the time, people don’t talk to Noah. They go around the Pampas, or wander in and admire the flowers and wander out. There had been some influx when she’d held a safe sanctuary against the Plague, but in time even that had faded.

Noah had been forced to finish growing up incredibly quickly. Leliana has managed to create a new identity for herself, to lock away a past self, and maybe it would have been easier if Noah had figured out how to do that. If she could have learned to lock away baby Noah, maybe she wouldn’t still see the destruction of her world behind her closed eyes more nights than not. After all – Carnage got a foothold for the Plague because Noah and the others foolishly sacrificed to the heart of his plan. And Rhonen was in Pangea to be attacked because Noah had led him there. She couldn’t save him from the mob, and so the bad decisions pile up and the nightmares are still harsh.

Maybe Leliana should blame Noah for Rhonen’s death. Noah does.

There’s complements offered and she isn’t sure how to respond, not with the darkness threatening above her again. A big part of her is ecstatic to see the mare, but the remaining part of her is frightened. In the end, she can’t take the complements, the reassuring tone of voice, the depth of the older mare’s bright gaze. “He would have liked to have known you were there, in the end. That he had a friend, after all.” They both known Rhonen didn’t really believe he was worthy of having friends – he thought the seal inside of him made him lesser. His sharp eyes and sharper tongue had been a wall build to keep everyone else on the outside, and the privilege of being inside the wall will be something they will always share, the exalted few.

“It was all my fault. My choices that led him there.” It’s such a soft whisper that perhaps a regular mortal wouldn’t hear it – but Leliana is no longer a regular mortal, so surely she will hear it. Or simply know it.

noah

@[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    only love could kill me; noah - by leliana - 05-11-2019, 04:04 PM
    RE: only love could kill me; noah - by Noah - 05-12-2019, 12:15 PM
    RE: only love could kill me; noah - by leliana - 05-13-2019, 10:17 PM
    RE: only love could kill me; noah - by Noah - 05-15-2019, 08:29 PM