• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

love is my religion; oriash

they promised that dreams can come true

Ori, in her way, always lives in the world. The problem is not that she attempts to live in her illusions but rather that she cannot always tell the difference. More often than not, her illusions feel real, brought about without her even realizing it. She knows, by now, that her mothers are one such thing and their reoccurrence is now obviously an illusion, but she recalls the first few times it happened. The truth slipped away from her, and she lost herself in the company and presence, believing herself asleep and dreaming with them by her side. That was not the truth, but she could not tell the difference, and though she knows it now her brain cannot quite grasp it. Reality is a slippery thing, blurred by a power she has never quite grasped.

A smile slips onto her face as he confirms what she already knows, and she listens intently as he answers. Her smile does not falter here, but is thoughtful and glad. The truth was she was afraid it was just her, that this power consumed only her own mind and left her grasping at the straws of truth and lies. Lies feels like the wrong word for her illusions, for the experiences she lives despite them not being ‘real’. What is real, anyway, but what she believes? Is it any more complicated than that?

Of course it is, but sometimes it’s easier to believe that it is not.

Her grin widens at the ocean that he weaves around them. The water is cool and pleasant, tugging at legs with its gentle pulse. Around them she begins to paint brightly colored fish into the ocean. They dance around the legs of the two siblings, dashing in and out without fear. After all, what did illusions have to fear? A particularly orange fish leaps out of the water, trying to launch itself over Aegaen’s head, dripping water in its wake. Ori doesn’t let her face betray her, though there’s a moment of little sister happening here as she hopes the dripping waters ends up on his head. She is, though, very good at keeping her features schooled into place. At least for the moment, till she sees how it ends.

Her eyes drift to the illusion, her mind to the feel of the water around her. It’s luxurious, in a way, and she understands what it means to get lost in its tide, to be pulled right out of reality into the depths of something so beautiful. “I often can’t tell the difference,” she admits, a thing she has never said aloud to anyone. “The first few times I saw my…our…mothers, I thought it was a dream and they’d come to visit.” They were the easiest example, though there were countless others. Ori would fall asleep in one place and wake in another, though she’d never moved in her sleep. Reality and illusion simply swept in and out like the tides of the ocean around them.

Oriash

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too

@[aegean]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    love is my religion; oriash - by aegean - 05-12-2019, 11:59 AM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by Oriash - 05-13-2019, 09:45 AM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by aegean - 05-22-2019, 12:16 AM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by Oriash - 06-03-2019, 03:36 PM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by aegean - 06-08-2019, 05:20 PM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by Oriash - 06-12-2019, 01:18 PM