• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  I walk slowly when I’m on my own - Jesper, any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Icicle Isle is never silent when spring makes her entrance - glaciers melting, small creeks cracking, life returns to the lower half of the Isle slowly but steadily. But with this spring, for the scaled roan comes an emptiness. For the first time in years, no new life will join his little family, and the lack of a foal’s distraction comes with a feeling of being too much - too much for this place, too much for Heartfire to handle. Too much of being himself, which is perhaps something that had dawned on him for a while now if he considers his silent behavior of the last… several years. In fact, right after his rule on this Isle had started, and everything had suddenly calmed down after the big clash that had come before.

He’d held the little island dutifully - a safe land from the Plague needed to be a safe place to live, for him, also. But now a peace had fallen all across Beqanna, and besides the one journey from the Mountain back to this Isle without any magic to aid him, he had had no part in it.

His usefulness felt like it had expired for some time now - except maybe being a steady force that Heartfire didn’t need to worry about because she knew him as much as she knew herself. But she could trust his heir, too, he figured. In fact, perhaps she could trust him more than himself. Jesper had never been a loose cannon. Even if for Leilan, those reckless days were (mostly) over (we can’t predict the future I reckon), he still had that image. Other leaders might not ever trust him.

But the ice-and-inner-fire stallion had had enough of himself, and knew another would do better than him: come to think of it, it was dead simple. He had never wanted to lead and for a time that made him a good leader precisely because of it, but now he knew that wasn’t true any longer. He had avoided actually leading for a while now, never comfortable with being looked up to, never even recruiting. The Isle needed something new.

That’s why he finally decided. He made the call, not really expecting a large crowd; in fact, if even just the one showed up that would be fine.

His voice carried across the tundra-like plains easily - in the cold air, everything echoes so well. ”Jesper, I’m going to step down. I was hoping you’d do us all the honor of leading Icicle Isle for the time to come.”
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Jesper] I’m sorry if it’s a little depressing, that was not the intent when I started it, but he tends to get very grave when fully serious I guess
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    I walk slowly when I’m on my own - Jesper, any - by Leilan - 05-13-2019, 12:50 PM