• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

truth it breaks by the night; kensa
    I rise from my scars. nothing hurts me now.

Leliana is quiet as Kensa speaks, her molten gaze subdued as she considers the words. The other woman does not speak lightly nor does she speak foolishly, and Leliana finds that there is a weight to her words. There is something about it that she decides that she likes—a gravity, perhaps. She is clear-eyed in the way that she views the world in all of its shades of grey and it casts a new light on Leliana’s opinion.

She nods after a while, dipping her lovely head down in recognition of what the woman has said.

“I knew that I had not made a mistake in coming here.” There is but the ghost of a smile dancing around her mouth, something that just whispers around the corners of her lips but never anchoring there, never actually pulling the corners up or planting a human warmth. It is just a shadow and it disappears almost as soon as it had shown up in the first place. “You are a wise woman, Kensa.”

Still, Leliana knows there are stones that sit in her chest and she frowns almost imperceptibly as she looks to the horizon and then back to the Primach before her. “I think choice is unspeakably important,” she inhales then. “But no, I don’t believe I have much choice in this.” For the first time in a while, her face cracks, something like the sadness of the girl that she was tinging the corners, seeping through the mask that her magic has woven over her features. “And I wish that I did. I wish that I could stop it.”

She knows exactly what is to come—or, at least, the heart of it.

She knows the hurt and the sacrifice.

But, oh, even she does not know the full extent of what she is to lose.

@[Kensa]

Messages In This Thread
    truth it breaks by the night; kensa - by leliana - 05-14-2019, 12:54 AM
    RE: truth it breaks by the night; kensa - by leliana - 05-31-2019, 10:29 PM