• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to the hunt as I was to you; rey
    He could feel the rush of his anger in his veins as she evades his pack, flicking in and out of sight while the sound of her laughter taunts him, just as she had taunted him once before – and Daemron hates her for it. Over and over, the dogs sink their teeth into the emptiness where her flesh had just been. Their hunt has culminated to this moment, and yet she toys with them all as if it were nothing.

It infuriates him beyond all recognition.

She appears directly before him and he lunges, as does the maned wolf at his side, but she is not there – no, she is everywhere. In all of his rage he roars out, “You bitch! What she had done to Red, what she was doing to him now – he could feel the pack’s hunger gripping him. He could taste their bloodlust on his tongue – or perhaps it was his own. The willowed chestnut swings blindly about, catching glimpse of his target just before she disappears – and then an alien scream rips through the semi-darkness behind him.

Slowly, he turns.

It is gruesome and garish – but his steely gaze does not waver as he watches the wolves tearing her split halves asunder. Yet while the dogs feast, he finds his own hunger curiously unsated. A stroke of luck had killed her – not him. At that he moves forward, and the pack parts like a sea on either side of him (waves of wild fur and wetted lips). He comes upon the fateful tree, and there is a pause as he looks down upon flesh that had once been every color imaginable. All that remains now is the color of her blood – and it is satisfyingly red.

He moves off, and the wolves have their fill.

daemron
    lost to the hunt as I was to you

@[Rey] <333

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lost to the hunt as I was to you; rey - by Daemron - 05-27-2019, 09:53 PM