• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Bloodfeather || Lepis ||

WOLFBANE

“Don’t.” He bites back first, and then softer, “Don’t say that, Lepis.”

Why? He wonders, holding perfectly still in the silence that begins to grow afterwards. Does she truly want me to blame her? But he knows the answer. She endures suffering differently than her husband. Possibly better. And if she isn’t to blame... then he is. How can you see past that kind of fault in your partner?

“I’m glad you weren’t there.” Wolfbane looks back, unreadable in expression as he gazes into her. Her skin is like fire, aglow in the orange light that washes over everything around them. The blue of her wings seems darker, like brown ash. “You couldn’t see the way he looked. Didn’t hear the way he screamed.”

Stiff and unyielding, his mane straightens itself when he turns away again. “If you saw how I… how I let him fall, Lepis… ”

Too sharp. The pain is blinding, so he closes his eyes against it and breathes deeply.

“I’ve led this family into nothing but mistakes.”

United with Lepis || Warrior of Loess || Father to Five Four

@[Lepis]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Bloodfeather || Lepis || - by Wolfbane - 05-20-2019, 08:37 PM
    RE: Bloodfeather || Lepis || - by Lepis - 05-21-2019, 07:38 AM
    RE: Bloodfeather || Lepis || - by Wolfbane - 05-22-2019, 09:18 PM
    RE: Bloodfeather || Lepis || - by Lepis - 06-02-2019, 10:28 AM
    RE: Bloodfeather || Lepis || - by Wolfbane - 06-06-2019, 11:41 AM
    RE: Bloodfeather || Lepis || - by Lepis - 06-09-2019, 10:50 AM
    RE: Bloodfeather || Lepis || - by Wolfbane - 06-12-2019, 07:03 PM