• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  dirty paws & glistening scales; any

Our skin gets thicker, living out in the snow

CREVAN

Before Sylva there was Hyaline, and before Hyaline there’d been Taiga. Time marches on around Crevan and he stays the same. Only their world changes and grows. He’d tried Taiga again when he’d first came back and found the idea resented by its leader Aten, could’ve resorted to more savage measures to get what he wanted but found that the idea of forcibly taking control was an exhausting one. The freedom of roaming and being one of Beqanna’s more resilient types just fit him better.

In fact, he was only here because he’d decided to come on a whim. Some stallion with a good memory named Leilan had brought it up and the idea of a tundra-like island was too good a thing to pass on seeing for himself.

Now he was here. Apparently Jesper was ok with that. “No further insight needed. I guess I’ll be staying… your hospitality is the kind that makes me feel warm and fuzzy.” Crevan jokes sarcastically towards Jesper. The wet corners of his dark brown nose quiver, committing the horse’s scent to his memory. Firen is another story.

“Long way from home, aren’t you?” The bold animal shifter comments. One of his ears flicks towards the faint sounds of a clenching belly. A runaway? Seemed too clean-cut for it, too practiced with his abilities. The pup had an intense way of staring right into you. Didn’t bother Crevan, just gave him pause to think.

Ugh… he really shouldn’t be such a softie. This kid didn’t belong to him, wasn’t pack.

“I left a half-eaten snow hare buried up by that cluster of trees Jesper mentioned.” His ears fell back, mostly at himself. That kill had been a slippery, hard catch. “Don’t want it going to waste, don’t have time to hunt right now.” The older male shrugged, then lifted his heavy body and shuffled towards the lull of the ocean. Quite a swim… but he has wings. Why go so far north? He thinks, watching the ebb and flow of identical gray waves.

@[Firen] @[Jesper]

Messages In This Thread
    dirty paws & glistening scales; any - by Firen - 05-21-2019, 10:27 AM
    RE: dirty paws & glistening scales; any - by Crevan - 06-11-2019, 07:37 PM