• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

One for All [Heartfire, any]

She's got the devil's eyes

Just as he studies her, she studies him, though her perusal is perhaps a bit more forthright. He has the quick, sharp scrutiny of the fox about him, even in his equine form. A predator's gaze that misses little. Though she has nothing of the canine in the way she watches him, the brutal intensity of her pale blue gaze is no doubt unmistakable. No one would ever accuse her of having an easy stare.

Though she considers him almost idly as he responds to her unorthodox greeting, her relaxed demeanor could never be mistaken for inattentiveness. She has never been a particularly verbose woman, nor has she ever felt the need to fill silences or brief pauses with inane chatter. Perhaps some might consider her an uncomfortable conversationalist, but she has always found she discovers more by listening than by speaking.

After all, she is frequently alone in her disinterest in filling the silence. So many it seems, struggle to leave gaps unfilled.

At his question, her lips twitch slightly, the only sign of her brief amusement. “I have not spoken to Leilan, no,” she replies simply. But then, Leilan is well aware of her almost unmatched ability at gather information she should not have. No doubt he assumed, quite correctly, that she already knew of what had transpired.“I doubt he felt the need to tell me.”

He continues in the wake of her response, doing his best to reassure her of his inclination and ability to lead. She appreciates his willingness to be so open, recognizing the benefits it would lend to their future relationship. As much a part of each other as the Nerine and the Isle are, it would be exceedingly awkward if they began this new chapter at odds. However, she suspects they will do just fine.

“I appreciate the offer,” she finally replies after a distinctly weighty pause. “But your past holds no mysteries for me. I think you’re well enough suited to the task ahead.” She tilts her head then, her bright gaze knowing, a faint gleam teasing at the thoughts swirling behind her still features. “So tell me Jesper, what is it that you actually wished to ask?”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Jesper - 05-25-2019, 11:57 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Heartfire - 06-04-2019, 12:59 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Jesper - 06-12-2019, 06:12 AM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Heartfire - 06-20-2019, 04:28 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Brennen - 06-20-2019, 09:15 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Jesper - 06-22-2019, 08:19 AM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Heartfire - 06-24-2019, 03:54 PM