• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

One for All [Heartfire, any]
    SO GIVE ME HOPE IN THE DARKNESS THAT I WILL SEE THE LIGHT
    'CAUSE OH THAT GAVE ME SUCH A FRIGHT
    The world moves slowly, each day dragging past, but yet sometimes it still feels like the world is rushing past. Brennen remembers when the stallion currently moving purposefully into Nerine was nothing more than a gangly foal, growing up in a land mostly forgotten in the care of family after his mother was murdered. How can he remember mourning Bethanie like it happened yesterday, but still have watched Jesper grow many years into the man he has become? It never helps that Jesper has his mother’s eyes, and his grandmother’s eyes, and eyes he often sees in dreams. Magic hasn’t made immortality any easier for Brennen to understand.

He doesn’t intrude right away into their meeting, though he knows immediately when his grandson arrives. The bay stallion meanders in their direction on foot, dark wings tucked tightly against his side, listening to their conversation far more with unseen powers than with his physical ears, though as he draws closer their voices become clear, and he doesn’t feel the need to lurk out of sight, though he keeps his silence while he comes to stand by the two of them.

Brennen is immensely proud of Jesper’s accomplishments and his ascension to lead Nerine’s territory in the north. His face isn’t usually very mobile, being instead quite subtle and composed, but the pride and welcome in the quick smile he flashes the black boy is quite clear. He also allows himself a brush of his mind against Jesper’s, just for a moment, affection clear. He holds his gaze on Jesper for a moment before he swings his fine head towards Heartfire, somehow deferential to her position without being in any way subservient. Brennen serves still as Nerine’s champion and he loves their people, but there has been a widening gap since Scorch had left him, and Nerine’s queen can’t be unaware that the magician is adrift like a leaf in their wild ocean. Certainly they could depend on him in an emergency, but day-to-day he has been anything except involved.

“Heartfire,” it’s a nearly inaudible, murmured name in lieu of any other greeting, because he wouldn’t be so rude as to brush her mind he way he did his grandson’s; they don’t know each other that well. He doesn’t even remember when the last time he and Heartfire spoke, but he’s comfortable in her presence, and also curious to hear the answer to her question.

BUT I WILL HOLD AS LONG AS YOU LIKE
    JUST PROMISE ME WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
    Brennen

@[Jesper] @[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Jesper - 05-25-2019, 11:57 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Heartfire - 06-04-2019, 12:59 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Jesper - 06-12-2019, 06:12 AM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Heartfire - 06-20-2019, 04:28 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Brennen - 06-20-2019, 09:15 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Jesper - 06-22-2019, 08:19 AM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Heartfire - 06-24-2019, 03:54 PM