• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

One for All [Heartfire, any]

She's got the devil's eyes

Though her impassive features betray none of it, she is pleasantly surprised at Brennen’s arrival. Though she had never doubted the Brennen’s loyalty or willingness to aid Nerine, she knows Scorch had been the reason he had chosen to stay originally. He has little connection to her beyond her and Scorch’s shared blood and their own distant relation. She had long been content knowing he is willing to keep those old promises. Though she would be inclined to improve their own relationship, she also recognizes the unlikeliness of their becoming fast friends.

She is quite certain she would not compare so favorably to her fiery, passionate grandmother.

She acknowledges his arrival with a faint tip of her head before returning her attention in full to the dark stallion standing so earnestly before her. He appears to accept her somewhat dismissive non-answer with little question. But then, he has been with the northern kingdom long enough that no doubt he has gained at least some inkling of her manner. So long as he did not hold her rather feverish exploits on Icicle Isle as the basis by which to judge her, of course.

She listens to his suggestions and observations with silent interest. She makes no move to interrupt or comment until he has exhausted his report, ending on a banketed request for approval. She mulls over his words for a moment, before shifting comfortably, her expression easing faintly.

“I have little interest in micro-managing your plans for the Isle. What you have suggested thus far sounds suitable, and I am happy leaving the details of it’s arrangement in your control. As for Nerine’s requirements of the Isle, I simply ask loyalty and unity. The Isle’s residents are as much member’s of Nerine as they are of Icicle Isle.” She pauses then, gaze flicking briefly to Brennen before returning to Jesper. “And on that subject, I am instituting a few changes in Nerine as well. As a territory, you, or someone otherwise appointed, is welcome to a seat on Nerine’s council. Another pause, this one more weighty, before adding by way of explanation. “I am establishing this council of three to represent Nerine, the Isle, and the Taiga, to give our residents a voice.”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Jesper - 05-25-2019, 11:57 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Heartfire - 06-04-2019, 12:59 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Jesper - 06-12-2019, 06:12 AM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Heartfire - 06-20-2019, 04:28 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Brennen - 06-20-2019, 09:15 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Jesper - 06-22-2019, 08:19 AM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Heartfire - 06-24-2019, 03:54 PM