• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Risk;

i never said that i would be your lover
    i never said that i would be your friend
    i never said that i would take no other

As a brand new babe Risk had lead Kensa out of the den, and while the Primarch could not say for certain that doing so meant she would leave behind her sad beginnings it was a good sign that the child had the strength to survive them. Their trip back to Hyaline had been slow but steady, and Kensa taught Risk the way home as she did all her children, a lesson given early so that all the landmarks along the way also became lodestones calling them back to home and family. One never knew when their young would need such reminders or why.

In Hyaline Risk had been introduced to Valek, until the strapping bay yearling had to be chased away, too playful and wild for his smaller siblings. Kelynen, the younger son hung back and she seemed to almost forget to summon him. When Kensa did call him forward he came shyly, but having another small child like himself seemed to make him a little braver. Kensa took the two infants up to the meadow where she has always nested with her children and he clung to Risk’s side rather than his mother’s. 

One day Kensa had hurried them down to the lakeshore and left. Another day she returned, bloodied and fierce. Strangers began to arrive in Hyaline. Kelynen learned the name of war but safe in Hyaline did not understand it. 

The Primarch is busier each day but she makes time for her children as she always has. Though her heart can’t seem to open to the little palomino boy with the pale gold eyes, she does her best. The girl she loves, and so by extension Kelynen receives the warm glow of her affection because she can remember how she’s supposed to treat him when he is standing beside Risk. 

“Risk!... Kelynen. There you are, darlings.” She greets the pair of them after teleporting home from another errand. The sabino mare is soaked through and the chocolate and gold of her pelt are molten in the mid-morning sunlight. She brushes her lips across the tops of their small heads and then drops her head to graze and watch over them.  

Kelynen approaches his mother, sliding up against one of her sides. She smells like home, and milk, and comfort and when he nuzzles beneath her to nurse she pauses touch the point of his small hip. The boy switches his tail, content, and Kensa tries to forget the guilt of not having bonded with her honey colored son.

kensa
    love is madness

@[Risk] I am sorry this is fucking weird. I wanted to set up this little thing and then I'll probably reply with Kelynen..? Kensa has not bonded with him so he's gonna be messed up! yay!

Messages In This Thread
    Risk; - by Kensa - 05-26-2019, 01:09 AM
    RE: Risk; - by Risk - 05-27-2019, 11:46 PM
    RE: Risk; - by Kelynen - 06-10-2019, 06:02 PM
    RE: Risk; - by Risk - 06-13-2019, 12:05 AM