• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Risk;

take a walk through the wreckage —clearing out my head
    i hear your eyes roll right down the phone
    i'm your walking disaster keep on dragging me
    from self-pity —poor me

The palomino boy shakes his small head and rounds his mothers hind end to scoot close to his sister and rest his head on her short back. His small ears are perked forward but he remains quiet as a mouse. Their mother has raised her head already to smile at Risk--at them--and the sunlight picks out the freckles that sprinkle her pale face. “Today I went to the field, to see what mysterious strangers might be waiting there.” Kelynen’s pale eyes widen, he is not sure about strangers, especially mysterious ones. He doesn’t know what mysterious is, but it sounds unpleasant. Luckily it doesn't seem like she found any mysterious anythings.  The way Kensa says the word tells him that it is meant to be exciting. He is not excited. Risk must be though, her pretty voice chimes in again. Maybe someday Kelynen and I can come too. We’ll be good.

He is glad she includes him, but is not so sure he wants the invitation. It doesn’t matter, if Risk were to go, he would go. “Yes momma, we’ll be good.” says the soft spoken boy and his mothers gemstone eyes focus on him. It makes him squirm a bit until she looks back at his sister. 

Kensa nods, “Of course. I will take you the next time I visit the field or meadow. When you are bigger you may come and see other places, but for today I am staying here and I think you ought to practice your exploring on Hyaline. What do you think?” Kelynen moves up to be shoulder to shoulder with Risk, he’ll do whatever she wants to do even though he is worried about encountering anything mysterious. He noses at her dark cheek with his pink muzzle playfully, perhaps a bit anxiously. He would like to go just play with Risk before mother sees that he is not really excited to do any adventures. 

kelynen
    how do you always know?

@[Risk]

Messages In This Thread
    Risk; - by Kensa - 05-26-2019, 01:09 AM
    RE: Risk; - by Risk - 05-27-2019, 11:46 PM
    RE: Risk; - by Kelynen - 06-10-2019, 06:02 PM
    RE: Risk; - by Risk - 06-13-2019, 12:05 AM