• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A Friend Will Never Get In Your Way... Unless You Are Going Down [Izora Lethia]
    It was not that Aten was expecting a thank you or a huge show of gratitude from the mare, but he definitely didn't expect what happened next. The mare, without warning, gently embraced him as she thanked him for saving her from the rapids, retreating to a respectful distance and asking Aten the same question in return.

The golden king had not been hurt by his escapade in the river earlier, nor the one just now. He was well aware that the mare might see his scars and assume something at firs, but he would clarify and say he was not in any pain. The golden king nodded, "Yes, I am all right. No bones broken."

The water clinging his forelock to his forehead made the stallion shake it some to try and get his mane out of his eyes, resulting in half of his forelock resting down his nose, the other tucked in the groove between his left eye and ear. He didn't see the blush creeping across the mare's cheeks, for in that one moment, for only a moment, he was mesmerized by something very unique.

He'd seen a myriad of colors before, but this mare's eyes were something else entirely. A lovely shade of purple that somewhat resembled some flowers that grew in the meadow in springtime, the golden stallion almost found himself speechless. He quickly composed himself to avoid seeming like a fool, briefly also noting the scars she had across her muzzle. Aten wondered what could have happened to cause those; it could've been any number of things. His own ranged from big cat predators to water monsters, everywhere on his body from his pasterns to his belly to his flanks to his face and neck.

He had a somewhat visible one that went from his right cheekbone to the underside of his chin where that squid had gotten him with a clawed tentacle, but unless one was at a good angle it was rarely noticeable. So, in other words, the stallion knew the shadows some scars carried.

The mare began apologizing for the fiasco that had just occured, to which Aten just shook his head and gently intervened once she'd finished speaking, "There is nothing for you to apologize for. I am just glad to see that you are all right."

He wanted to continue, but first, the stallion thought better, and said, "Perhaps we should move away from the bank some so we can talk. I do not want either of us to take a tumble on those slippery rocks again."

Once Aten himself had moved away, grateful for the warm sun drying his coat, he smiled gently at the mare, "And I believe proper introductions are in order. My name is Aten, from the Taiga kingdom. Who might a fair maiden such as yourself be?"

@[Izora Lethia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A Friend Will Never Get In Your Way... Unless You Are Going Down [Izora Lethia] - by Aten - 06-02-2019, 10:39 PM