• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  they say personality skips a generation; any!
    lost in the dark

To say that I am thrilled when the flower doesn’t (completely) fall and when she doesn’t shake it off of her head would be an understatement. My heart flies to the moon in that moment and dances around in space for a few moments before coming back down to earth.

I think I’m going to like this one. She can stay.

If there’s something comical about the way it is hanging between her eyes, I don’t know enough to notice it either - I’m too busy being rather proud of myself for picking such a nice colour. Or, at least, that’s what I’m focusing on until she speaks again. There’s a part of me (much bigger than I’d care to admit) that expects any words coming my way to be laced with some venom, or along the same lines as her initial question towards me.

But her name is a much welcomed change of pace it almost knocks the wind out of me.

The sun would have nothing on my smile if I could adequately let it shine in that moment. There’s only so much I can do with what I’ve been given, but those coal-black eyes do sparkle a little something extra at the introduction. “Hello Lilian!” When was the last time I learned someone’s name? My next words are spoken in quick excitement. Look at us, just two totally normal, not-damaged-at-all horses meeting in a totally normal way. “It’s wonderful to meet you, I’m Velkan.” There’s a short moment where my brain stalls out and I’m not really sure what to do now. When was the last time I got this far in a conversation? What are you supposed to ask someone? Where they live??? That seems to personal. We just met after all.

So, instead, I nod my head towards the bushes of wildflowers near our hooves. “Tell me Lilian, which one of these do you think would suit me?”

image from unsplash

@[lilian]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: they say personality skips a generation; any! - by Velkan - 06-17-2019, 07:48 PM