• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  here we are in the heart of the darkness; briseis

I need you like a heart needs a beat
    but it's nothing new.

She has almost learned to settle into this new normal. This new normal where she doesn’t feel like she needs to run, this new normal where her nightmares are becoming less and less frequent. Her nights are spent safely curled into the side of someone she loves and trusts, and so she can’t even remember the last time her nightmares took her someplace strange and unexpected. Ether never let her get far; she could feel the way he wrapped himself around her as soon as her body began to tremble with the need to run, and before her mind ever had the chance to send the signal to her muscles, she was waking up in his embrace.

Over time, the images and faces that had haunted her in the dark had slowly begun to fade. Instead of awaking from a heart-shattering nightmare, she usually was stirred from her sleep by a sweet dream – his touch, his face, or sometimes their children – and only to find upon waking that her dream was completely real. She still couldn’t believe that he is hers.

When Wrenley nestles herself into the ground, Briseis cannot help but to press her lips against her small forehead. She was completely perfect, just like her other children, and yet still perfect in an entirely different way. They were all so precious and unique, and every time she didn’t think she could love something anymore than she already did, another one came along to prove her wrong. She doesn’t think her heart will ever run out of room for them.

The feel of his touch tracing the familiarity of her curves brings a contented sigh from her chest, and with a tilt of her head she reaches to meet her lips to the coolness of his skin. He presses into her, his endless black melting with hers, just like it has countless times before. She has never had a home, but she knows without having to wonder that his heart is more of a home than any land could ever be. She lets her teeth pull at his mane, before her lips press whisper-soft kisses up the arch of his neck. His voice still makes her heart somersault, still sends a wave of heat to the end of every nerve with those three simple words. “I love you, too.” She lips lightly at the corner of his mouth, and then his jaw, before curling against him again and whispering into his chest, “I still can’t believe you’re mine.”
    Briseis

@[Ether]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here we are in the heart of the darkness; briseis - by Briseis - 06-08-2019, 11:48 PM