• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  here we are in the heart of the darkness; briseis

I need you like a heart needs a beat
    but it's nothing new.

It feels like lifetimes ago since she came here.

There was the first, the girl she had been before she ended up here. The girl that was still lost somewhere in the cobwebs of her mind, the girl that used to so desperately be trying to claw her way out. She doesn’t remember who she was before, but she used to be so sure that she was someone, and that she needed to remember.

And then there was the girl that washed up on the rocky shores of Beqanna, confused and alone. She never knew how or why she came here, but all she knew was she wasn’t meant to be here. Plain and black, with no magic to call her own, and little appreciation for what others wielded. She had shied away from their vibrant colors and their brilliant displays of power, preferring to keep to herself, or staying within the safe borders of Hyaline.

It is both bewildering and somehow not a wonder at all that she ended up with Ether. Endlessly black with his glowing golden eyes, she had been drawn to him immediately. Something about the way he could disappear into the curtain of shadows had fascinated her rather than frightened her, and instead of fearing him, it was only with him that she had never felt safer. She had never seen him as a monster — not even when she had first seen that glint of sharp teeth in his mouth. He had calmed her troubled heart and diminished that seemingly insatiable wanderlust, and there was no where she would rather be than anchored next to him.

Curled into his side as she is now, it was still so incredibly clear that the reason she had ended up in this land full of strange magic was to be with him.

The feel of him pulling her closer, and holding her tighter against his chest, stirs the butterflies in her stomach and she can’t help but to smile into his neck. “Did you ever think, when we first met, that we would end up here?” Here, together, with a home and a family. With everything so perfect that sometimes she is afraid this is a new version of a nightmare — that she’s going to wake up and none of this is real. She runs her lips again along the curve of his cheek, before pressing them into the groove of his throatlatch and murmuring, “I knew the first day I met you I wasn’t ever letting you go. But I didn’t know it would be as perfect as this.”
    Briseis

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here we are in the heart of the darkness; briseis - by Briseis - 06-25-2019, 01:59 PM