• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i bet on losing dogs
    Midnight

Oh, her gasp is soft and fills the air between them so perfectly. Midnight is beginning to observe and appreciate such little things, like the way her breath can part the light. He smiles and watches her lashes flutter, slowly twirling his halo above his head. “I sneezed one day and light came out,” is his simple reply. It’s true - and then he kept his power a secret from his mom. “Starsin showed me how to blow things up with it, though.” Not exactly true, but she did show him how to blow things up.

There is a quiet hurt upon Larke’s face when she utters oh again. Midnight’s head pulls back, uncertainty creasing his face. “Well, I bet she will like you if I tell her I like you.” He does not know how to be gentle, but his backtracking has its merit. All he knows is he does not like that furrow of her brow and the downward curve of her lips. A mildly panicked I’m sorry begins to spill from his lips, but then Larke brightens, and so Midnight does, as well.

The light-weaver picks up his head and prances in place. “What kind of gift?” is his chirping reply. “Is it one like this?” Little stars of light begin to rain down on his new companion. The emerald green of his eyes reflect the snowing blips, and even he is mesmerized for a moment: his power grows stronger with each new creation. Eventually, Midnight does return his attention to Larke, the sweetness of a boy enchanted present in his gaze.

“What is it?! I hope it’s not like mine, that would be so cool. I want to learn all about the magic here. I bet you can teach me so much.”

now I wake up in the mornings and all the kindness is drained out of me
    i spend hours just wincing and trying to regain some sense of peace

@[larke]

Messages In This Thread
    i bet on losing dogs - by midnight - 06-07-2019, 11:23 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by larke - 06-08-2019, 04:39 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by midnight - 06-25-2019, 08:45 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by larke - 07-06-2019, 06:29 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by midnight - 07-08-2019, 12:40 AM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by larke - 08-03-2019, 08:34 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by midnight - 08-04-2019, 05:56 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by larke - 08-04-2019, 11:54 PM