• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i bet on losing dogs
    Midnight

He is soft when he should not be. It is not that Midnight cruel, or even terribly sharp-edged, but that he does not know gentility like most children do. He does not turn that lacking into brutality, either - he simply seeks what might fill that beckoning void. Here, even as a child, he is too doting too quickly. Unlike Starsin, there is not a knowing solidarity in the way Larke peers at him - there is genuine, foreign connection, and he tumbles over that hill in the playful bounce of a boy.

The pretty gleam of the girl’s born drawn Midnight’s gleaming gaze from her face. They start at the bottom of the spiral then slow drift to its lethal point. What a glittering weapon she makes, the little Larke - of course, the colt does not understand this, so his eyes remain dreamy upon the tip that could end his life. “Is that your power?” he murmurs, almost inaudibly. It never occurs to him that if her horn is what she wishes to show him, then the outcome of her display may not end well for him.

If he were a man, fresh on the cusp of adulthood, he might convince himself it would be an honor to die by that sword.

All goes dark when Midnight closes his eyes, eager to do her bidding and eager to know what she has to offer. Wave after wave of renewal passes through the boy’s body, and he releases a wild oh. Any exhaustion felt after wielding so much of his light disappears. Shoulders straightening, the colt draws in a pleased breath. “Wow . . .” The whisper is just loud enough for Larke to hear.

The moment Midnight opens his eyes, he searches for the face of his angel. A layer of sweat glimmers on her neck, and the boy gasps in indignation. The light of the sun the liquid possess he angrily steals; immediately, he places the tiny white orbs amongst the flowers in her hair. “That was nice, but are you tired? Can you take it back? I don’t want you to be tired.” There is hardly any panic in Midnight’s tone, but his eyes give away his instant concern.

now I wake up in the mornings and all the kindness is drained out of me
    i spend hours just wincing and trying to regain some sense of peace

@[larke]

Messages In This Thread
    i bet on losing dogs - by midnight - 06-07-2019, 11:23 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by larke - 06-08-2019, 04:39 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by midnight - 06-25-2019, 08:45 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by larke - 07-06-2019, 06:29 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by midnight - 07-08-2019, 12:40 AM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by larke - 08-03-2019, 08:34 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by midnight - 08-04-2019, 05:56 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by larke - 08-04-2019, 11:54 PM