• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  my heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; lynx
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    Though the land had settled, he remains restless, on edge. It is unlike him, to feel such unease, but it had been a curious feeling, to watch the land he has called home for so long now nearly come apart at the seams. He had been torn then, between racing to the front lines or remaining to ensure his family’s safety. His family had won, of course, as they always would. But still he wonders, might Tephra not have suffered so had he chose differently?

It’s a curious feeling for one who is usually beset by no more than wicked curiosity. But, he supposes life cannot always be so simple or easy. And certainly this did not feel easy.

To watch the volcano buckle beneath the pressure, to spew forth deadly burning rock, had been both terrifying and awe-inspiring. He had protected them from it’s rage, his ice combating it’s impossible heat. Hardening rock until it is left benign, an almost innocuous reminder of the deadly force their home has sleeping beneath its surface.

He hopes then that he would not be called upon to do such things often. What had once been a sanctuary had felt little like one for a time. Even still unease reaches creeping fingers across the land. But then, it seems everywhere had been a bit volatile lately. Still, he watches and he wonders. Lynx would know his thoughts of course, but he does wonder about hers.

After a moment, he turns. She is not far. He had been loathe to leave her or their children. Though he has faith in Lynx and her abilities, there is a certain amount of protection he could afford them that she could not should their home fall into chaos once more. He would not (could not) fail them.

A faint smile quirks his lips as he reaches forward, pressing a light kiss to the bridge of her lovely nose. His eyes gleam briefly with a familiar warmth and humor, irrepressible even in the face of everything these last few weeks had wrought. “I think the beach has been missing your beauty,” he grins, features brightening momentarily. “Shall we?”
    Fox

@[lynx]

Messages In This Thread
    my heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; lynx - by Fox - 06-07-2019, 11:58 PM