• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And still, I rise; Anyone
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    ”The desire to learn is honorable,” he says gruffly with a contemplative expression that softens into a mild grin. It lasts briefly, a flicker of time in the grand scheme because there lurks a thorn in the back of his thoughts. It scrapes against his better judgment, reminding him of how untrustworthy the Sylvans are. Aziz is wrong to think they are agreeable and dependable. Yet, what can he say to confront it? He doesn’t scramble to combat the foreigner’s opinion. The words, admittedly, flirt with the edges of his lips, but he says nothing, not yet at least. In place of responding, Castile quietly bobs his head and glances away, eager to dismiss the idea of the Sylvans and their treachery.

That is the core of Aziz’s visit, however. He is a prisoner of war, a slave of Loess’ whims during this tumultuous time in Beqanna. It was easy to abduct him from the forest, from where he has already devoted his loyalty. Castile assumed it would be fairly simple to sway the stallion considering how new he was to Sylva, but his mind is seemingly set. So, the king merely rolls his shoulders but compliments Aziz. ”Loyalty is an admirable trait. I only hope they reward that and treat you honorable,” they won’t, he doesn’t add. He knows, somehow, that Aziz won’t find what he wants there, but then again, how can Castile be so sure when he has only just met the man?

Skepticism leaks into his mind when he listens to Aziz’s ventures. From one land to another, he has adopted a nomadic lifestyle. At first, Castile wants to question him and to address the holes in his tale, but he hesitates. He can related. Oh, absolutely can he relate to such a lifestyle. Nerine, he reflects, to Hyaline, to Loess, to Nerine again, then Icicle Island, the Island Resort, and finally back to Loess.

Funny how life pulls you in so many directions while searching for a purpose.

With a deep sigh – he has had many pacifists come to try and tamper his fiery personality – Castile steadies his intense eyes onto Aziz. ”It depends on the battle.” If the forest is his again, back underneath Loess, then the territory will remain in tact for a deserving successor. If, however, he loses to the mutt then he will make Sinner the king of ashes.

castile

@[Aziz]

Messages In This Thread
    And still, I rise; Anyone - by Aziz - 06-11-2019, 12:39 PM
    RE: And still, I rise; Anyone - by Castile - 06-15-2019, 11:58 AM
    RE: And still, I rise; Anyone - by Aziz - 06-15-2019, 05:18 PM
    RE: And still, I rise; Anyone - by Castile - 06-18-2019, 02:58 PM
    RE: And still, I rise; Anyone - by Aziz - 06-18-2019, 03:34 PM
    RE: And still, I rise; Anyone - by Castile - 07-16-2019, 06:23 PM