• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  impossible to rise

take a walk through the wreckage —clearing out my head
    i hear your eyes roll right down the phone
    i'm your walking disaster keep on dragging me
    from self-pity —poor me

It is his very first summer and Kelynen does not yet know to value the long luxurious days or the heat, or the clear nights full of stars. He thinks that this is the world that always is. Sometimes it might rain, and the lightning and thunder frightens he and Risk into tucking their heads beneath Kensa's belly, but the sun comes back. It always comes peeking over the mountains and bursting from behind the clouds so that the two youngsters can play. It will always be summer and he will always play with Risk in the little meadow high on the mountain.

The boy will learn though, he is growing tall and the summer’s end is nearing but today he is still just a chasing grasshoppers though the long grass.

He springs after them like a fox does mice, losing brightly winged pests each time he gets too excited and ends up crow hopping and bucking while a myriad of displaced insects swirl up away from his boisterousness. The palomino youth is not usually so wild, in fact he is the most calm and fearful of Kensa’s children, but up here alone he plays unselfconsciously at being a reckless boy.

When his nickname is called across the meadow he freezes, golden eyes wide as he looks towards the sound. Discovering it is his father he stumbles over his long legs to race over to him at once. Just shy of the cremello stallion his unadorned son rears back and then butts his white foreheads against Litotes’ own. His small hooves catch lightly at the stallions shoulder before he drops down to press close under the muscular curve of his sire’s neck. “Dad! You’re here!” It is not hard for the boy to have his father live in the adjoining territory, it is the way he’s always known it, and every visit is exciting. He loves his parents, though Risk is his closest companion and dearest one, there is no replacing a father. He is lucky to have one that would come just to see him and he seems to recognize that… either because he has noted Valek’s envy, or more likely because he deeply wants to be loved.

kelynen
    how do you always know?

@[litotes] Confusedob:

Messages In This Thread
    impossible to rise - by litotes - 06-11-2019, 11:30 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 06-14-2019, 11:50 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 06-23-2019, 08:05 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 06-23-2019, 10:22 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 07-06-2019, 04:25 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 07-06-2019, 06:28 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 07-22-2019, 06:19 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 07-24-2019, 07:53 PM