• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  impossible to rise

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

Guilt wells in the backs of Litotes’ eyes at the sight of his son rushing toward him. I don’t come see him nearly enough. He watches the palomino and white of the colt’s hide shimmer and gleam beneath the sweet Hyaline summer sun. Regret, like guilt, burns him up inside. None of his children get enough of him. There are too many, with too many mothers, with too many needs . . . too many.

The cremello sighs. Now is not the time.

Still, the images of Risk and Valek are almost more vivid than the reality before him. Why does he struggle so to connect with Valek? And why does he feel as if he will never be good enough for sweet Risk? His mind swirls for too long, and it is only when Kel’s forehead collides with his own that he returns to the present.

A wild smile creases his mouth, nearly wiping his selfish concerns from his mind. His son’s hooves clip his shoulders a little harshly, but he does not mind, such excited affection masks any pain. The genuine elation in Kelynen’s eyes makes his chest clench.

Why can’t I be a family man? He pines for who he could be, for who he once was. Even in this sincere suffering, he is selfish.

The Archon swallows his pride and launches into a playful canter around his family’s meadow. He offers Kel a teasing smile

“What do you want to do today, Kel?”

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Kelynen] tears

Messages In This Thread
    impossible to rise - by litotes - 06-11-2019, 11:30 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 06-14-2019, 11:50 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 06-23-2019, 08:05 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 06-23-2019, 10:22 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 07-06-2019, 04:25 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 07-06-2019, 06:28 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 07-22-2019, 06:19 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 07-24-2019, 07:53 PM