• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  impossible to rise

take a walk through the wreckage —clearing out my head
    i hear your eyes roll right down the phone
    i'm your walking disaster keep on dragging me
    from self-pity —poor me

A small twinge of concern alters the palomino boy’s expression, anxious that he has in fact been stupid. He is still very young and given to misunderstanding the things adults say and he really would like to be considered clever. Still he is reassured by the butting of his father’s broad forehead against his shoulder and so bobs his head, once, briefly to confirm he does in fact have weird things he likes to remember even though he can’t think of a single one at the moment.

So he proceeds with the vandalism of the little tree until his next question silences his father who stares at him in a way that Kelynen finds rather unreadable. He moves away a little on the pretense of inspecting a heavy branch within his reach. “I know.” He says, trying to make himself up to the need to feel smart and worthy of his sire’s attention. Even though he didn’t know. Even though he didn’t understand himself to be the son of a King.

Feeling a little more secure with the branch between them (to better hide his brief flare of insecurity). There is the benefit of discovering a dusky purple plum which he immediately tugs free. Pride makes him forget his anxiety and he slides under the branch to show Litotes his prize. A switch of his flaxen-white tail and he sets the plum gingerly down on the pile of leaves he’d made earlier. “I would like to come and stay for days!” Then, after regarding his single plum a moment his gold eyes flick back to Litotes, narrowed slightly. “Do you really live inside a cave? My mother said she thinks that’s where you sleep but that she hasn’t been there.” Which seemed odd, but his mother could be counted on to be odd.

kelynen
    how do you always know?

@[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    impossible to rise - by litotes - 06-11-2019, 11:30 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 06-14-2019, 11:50 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 06-23-2019, 08:05 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 06-23-2019, 10:22 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 07-06-2019, 04:25 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 07-06-2019, 06:28 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 07-22-2019, 06:19 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 07-24-2019, 07:53 PM