• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising | litotes
    As Litotes emerges from the haze of the shimmering heat and crimson dust, Lepis recognizes him. Wolfbane had given her a brief description of the stallion but she had not matched it with the horse she had seen from time to time in the hills of Loess. She had not paid much attention to anything beyond her family in the short time they had been kingdom-mates. Now she takes a better look than she had before.

He is younger than her decade, but far from a child. Taller than she is, but without the added bulk that her golden wings add. The bit of night sky that has fallen onto his back is the only unnatural thing about him she can see, but she recalls her husband’s mention of some of his invisible talents. Distracted by looking him over, she is late to pull back her projection of her emotional state. In this case it was recognition and she unsure at first if his greeting is entirely natural.

But he names her flaxen-haired mate, and Lepis smiles and nods. Her blue-grey eyes flick briefly to the shadows the swirl unnaturally at his hooves and then back up to his own. There is nothing but pleasentry in her expression as he continues to speak, confirming that his recognition is genuine. He is humorous, something that has been lacking in her life of late. She’d nearly forgotten it, she realizes, and with a single blink she forces herself to feel it as well.

Litotes’ playful jest elicits another nod, and the short introduction: “I’m Lepis.”

Then is the answer to the question of what has brought her here to Pangea. “I’m spreading word of the changes in Taiga, that Wolfbane and myself have taken charge of the forest. I also wanted to learn more of the state of other lands, and to ask why you’d choose this wasteland to live in after Loess.” The last reason is the most pertinent in her mind with her current physical discomfort. The winter in Taiga has been uncomfortable at the totally opposite temperature, and to switch from one to the other so quickly is disconcerting. She longs for the many springs of Loess, where one could find liquid relief no matter the season.

“I don’t suppose you have any cold springs here?” Lepis asks with a raise of her brow and brief pursing of her dry mouth. Unlike her spouse and children, she does not heal immediately from the ill effects of dehydration, and it has been several hot hours since she had a drink.

@[Litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | litotes - by Lepis - 06-16-2019, 09:43 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | litotes - by Lepis - 07-04-2019, 09:42 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | litotes - by Lepis - 07-20-2019, 07:06 PM